Arundhati
Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author
41101243

my 17 y daughter keeps saying people talk to her in rooms when

my 17 y daughter keeps saying people talk to her in rooms when on own and crazy things happen ie light and tv come on,i dont know what to make of this or how to deal with it its getting her very depressed at times what can i as a mother do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 5 years ago.
Hello

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

What your daughter is experiencing may or may not be something to worry about. It could be the result of an overactive imagination or some form of anxiety or hallucinations. The most recommended course of action would be to consult with a psychiatrist for a full mental health evaluation which will make clear any issues/disorders she may be dealing with. Based on the results of the evaluation the doctor will prescribe appropriate medication.

I hope that was helpful. Please do let me know if you have additional questions/thoughts.

Please click accept if this was helpful as experts are not credited for their time or service otherwise.

Kind Regards,

Arundhati