TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

The diagnose is frontotemporal dementia, and that is incureable.

The diagnose is frontotemporal dementia, and that is incureable. That means there is something wrong with my brain. You give a lot of good advice, but I am unable to do what's needed.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

I understand. Although dementia is considered in psychology, therapy can only go so far in helping the situation. Therapy can provide ways for you to cope with your anxiety, but given the brain disorder, that adds factors that therapy cannot address directly.

Have you tried medications? Anti depressants and anti psychotics can help alleviate some symptoms and make your illness easier to handle. Also, therapies such as speech can help with communication issues.

If I can be of further help, please let me know.

Kate

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have talked with my doctor , and he will not change the medicines. They do not work. It is cipralex and velbutrin. I have tried effexor,lyrica and risperdal

Can you change doctors? If he will not work with you and the medications don't help, then changing to a doctor that will help you is important.

Kate