TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

I have had this terrible sickness for 5 years. I am scared

I have had this terrible sickness for 5 years. I am scared all the time, and every moment is like hell. I understand that there is no cure for this, but do you know about any alternative medicine that can ease the anxiety?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for requesting my help.

Can you provide more information about your symptoms? How long have you felt this way and what have you tried to help yourself?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am scared and unhappy all the time. I have no initiative and are unable to feel anytthing at all. I don't know if I am hungry, or not. I don't feel if I am tired, but in spite of that I sleep at night. I am tensed all the time . I have been like this for 5 yearss, and are unable to help myself because I feel so extremely bad.

It sounds like you may be dissociating. By this I mean you are moving away emotionally from yourself so you do not have to feel. However, you are aware that you are scared and unhappy, both of which are strong emotions and they show you can feel.

Was there some type of trauma you went through? When did this start?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It wae a trauma. I was unfaithfuk to my husbond, and suddenly one morning I woke up with a terrible anxiety. He knows about it, and we are still married, but I live at an institution with senile old people. I can not see any way out of this because of the diagnose.

Are you seeing a therapist? It is important that you have someone to talk to about your circumstances. Also, a therapist can provide a diagnosis. Once you know your diagnosis, you can have a focus to work with.

From what you have described, you may have some type of anxiety disorder mixed in with guilt from the infidelity.

Anxiety is one of the easiest disorders to treat. You can not only see a therapist for help, but you can also work on this issue at home. Here are some resources to help you:

The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques: Understanding How Your Brain Makes You Anxious and What You Can Do to Change It by Margaret Wehrenberg

The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne

Not "Just Friends": Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity by Shirley P. Glass and Jean Coppock Staeheli

Surviving Infidelity: Making Decisions, Recovering from the Pain by Rona B. Subotnik and Gloria Harris

You can find these books on or your local library may have them for you.

When you see a therapist, include your husband as well. Share that you are working on your issues and that you want to improve not only your situation, but your marriage as well. This should help your husband to see that you are treating the situation as important and that will help your marriage and your anxiety.