Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author

i feel a bit depressed at the moment..i think i have a tendency

i feel a bit depressed at the moment..i think i have a tendency to worry to much about other people and especially how other people look at me.. it feels like i need their reassurance that they like me. I know it's kind of stupid and i want to break that stupid's like when they dont answer me for some reason, probably valid reason I feel it's my fault they dont answer me.. How do I break this
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

I want to assure you though that you are not alone in feeling this way. From what you describe it sounds like you might be experiencing self-esteem issues. Those will lower than average self-esteem often greatly need the reassurance and approval of others. And they often also think that others are thinking poorly of them or judging them. They also blame themselves for the adverse reaction of others.

In order to learn some highly effective cognitive behavioral therapy based tools to increase self-esteem you can take a look at this book.

If psychotherapy is available to you in your country you can certainly consult with a therapist. As therapy can be highly beneficial in improving your self-esteem and sense of self-worth.

I hope that was helpful. I notice on your record you have many unaccepted answers. Please click on Accept as experts are not credited for their time or service otherwise.

Kind Regards,