Arundhati
Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author
41101243

I feel so lonely all the time my children are grown my husband

I feel so lonely all the time my children are grown my husband sleeps all the time I have chronic depression with severe anxiety disorder.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

I'm sorry to hear how you feel most of the time.

What typically helps those who feel lonely and depressed is finding something that excites you and doing that.

For example reading, joining your local church group, going for walks, journaling, volunteering or even taking up a new interest and learning it like painting or running (there are so many marathons for senior citizens). You could consider looking up a website called www.meetup.com that has meetups for thousands of interests like book reading, painting, embroidery etc. So say you could search by interest on that website and find a group in your area for that interest like a book reading club that meets monthly if you're interesting in reading. There are even senior citizen's meet up groups on that site.

I strongly feel if you can engage yourself in enjoyable activities and perhaps even involve yourself in the local community (church, charity) activities you'd feel a renewed sense of purpose in your life.

I hope that was helpful.

Please do let me know if you have questions/thoughts based on what I wrote.

Kind Regards,

Arundhati