Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

I have very low self esteem about my body in particular. My

I have very low self esteem about my body in particular. My breasts are very small I'm 20 years old and when it comes to sex I feel like a child. It's having a big effect on my relationship with my boyfriend. I want to feel as good as people tell me I look and i want to feel like a beautiful woman not a child. what shall i do?
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling the way that you are. There is nothing that someone can tell you that will instantly change how you feel because those feelings come from your internal feelings, your unconscious. Look, for example, at the fact that you have a boyfriend. Clearly he was interested enough in you to make you his girlfriend but even having a boyfriend, having him be attracted to you is not helping you. What is having an effect on your relationship with your boyfriend are your internal feelings, not your body --- not your small breasts.

So here's what you do. Enough about talking to your boyfriend about your small breasts or that you feel like a child when it comes to sex. As you said it is pushing him away --- so enough about discussing this with him. Yes, I know you need to talk about this.You should seek out a therapist. That's who you should be talking to about this issue, not your boyfriend.

I will be right back with a contact for you. Any person who is a member of the British Psychoanalytic has postgraduate training and excellent skills in helping you work through the feelings you have about your sexuality.
So check out this link and contact someone from there. Talk there, not with your boyfriend. If you cannot afford a full fee, ask them about low cost treatment.
Remember!!!!! He's attracted to you. He desires you!! That's great!!!!! Let him enjoy you. Don't spoil the pleasure for him. Don't turn him off --- all this to be discussed with a therapist.