Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I am a 55year old female that was raised by an acholic mother

Customer Question

I am a 55year F and am now raising 4 grandchildren ages 7,12,14,16 . good . I can't clear my mind of all the negatives that could happen. I have thought this way most my life and need to know what I need to do to just enjoy life and do tough love on others.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 5 years ago.

cathy :

Hi, thanks for writing. Do you have a question for us?

Customer :

What are some options of medication to help me? I also need ideas how to stand up to others without feeling guilty

cathy :

Oh, what would you need medicnes for>

cathy :

I didnt see that part

cathy :

I think cognitive behavioral therapy would be the best method of therapy that would give you the skills you are looking for.

cathy :

Let me know what you need medicine for? Thanks so much for the additional information,