psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

I was diagnosed bi-polar many years ago, 2 years ago when I

I was diagnosed bi-polar many years ago, 2 years ago when I started menopause I became very manic, I found an old boyfriend from H.S and left a relationship of 15 years and my 16 year old son, I even married the man in Las Vegas, even though I was still married, I feel trapped and scared and anxiety ridden, He is very smothering and I am not happy, I do not know what to do. I need help ... I do not have insurance and need meds I think to help me have the strenght to confront my life and all the misery I have put my family through.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

You have caused some distress in the family that is true. But it seems that you really were experiencing some acute symptoms and you manifested those by being irresponsible. That can be addressed in therapy as well as your history of mania. I just had a few thoughts. Try researching practices in your area that have indigent or free slots for a certain number of patients. Also look for those with sliding fee scales. Find any therapists or practices that do work pro bono. We have a practice here called the Pro Bono Counseling project or something like that where we volunteer. You can also apply for Medical Assistance in your state. Here people are allowed to make over $22000 and still get Medical Assistance. I hope some of this helps.

When you are stable, decide what you want to do about the relationship. Don't stay out of guilt or it will never work.

If this was helpful press accept

psychlady, Therapist
Experience: Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.