How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question
Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking to find ways to cure PE ..

Customer Question

Looking to find ways to cure PE .. ???
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. To be able to answer your question please tell me what PE is.
I'll pause here and await your response.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Has this been happening for a long time or just recently? I think you should make an appointment with an urologist. It is always important to rule out organicity before one starts looking at psychological reasons for a symptom. If the urologist sees nothing physical that is going on, then we will need to explore what is going on psychologically.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This has been long term and I have talked to my uroligist and regular doc. They simply say it's in my head .. ?!?! When drinking I have no issues but who does'nt , that just numbs your senses. I have read that this can sometimes be a physical issue , is this true . ??


Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Sometimes it's physical but sometimes it could be psychological. I would suggest since your doctors say there is nothing physical that you seek out a therapist to dig in there and help you sort out why this is happening.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I appreciate your patience with this .. I have thought about seeing if there is a sexual surrogate in my area , I live in Warren Mi in the Metro Detroit area. I've looked some but have had no luck as of yet. But if physical what would that consist of .. ??


Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Well your doctors told you that it wasn't physical ---- could be a number of things but wouldn't know. Haven't done any diagnostic tests on you. So have no idea if it was hormonal or something else. Can't examine someone online. But, as I said, both your doctors said it wasn't physical so you need help from a therapist.
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Here is a list of therapists with postgraduate education. They would have the necessary training to dig deep and find out what psychological issue is getting in your way since both your doctors have already ruled out anything physical.

Places for Psychoanalyst near Warren, MI

Lessem Paul R MD: Psychiatry & Psychoanalysis-Hours by Appointment

- Place page - 26789 Woodward Avenue, Huntington Woods - (248) 547-6733

Dietrich David R PhD PC: Certified Psychoanalyst-Therapy

- Place page - 625 Purdy Street, Birmingham - (248) 646-6515

Starman Marvin L MD: Psychoanalysis & Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy

- Place page - Ste 107, 29260 Franklin Road, Southfield -
(248) 355-9200

Related Mental Health Questions