Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author

Hello. I have a question that may seem weird. I am asking

Hello. I have a question that may seem weird. I am asking because I am concerned about my 13 year old granddaughter. She has some anger issues anyway and is seeing a councilor for that issue. The question I have is this: Is there some kind of additive or drug substance in Meat Tenderizer. 2 time my Granddaughter has visited me and after she left I have found the meat tenderizer in my bathroom. She gets into my pantry and sneaks it out and stays in the bathroom for a while. I have found the meat tenderizer in the bathroom after she leaves and goes home. It is usually hidden behind a decorative Item in the bathroom. Can you give me some advice. My email address [email protected]
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

I have worked with clients with various addictions from prescription pills to cough syrups but have not heard of addiction to meat tenderizer so far. I would definitely recommend that you bring this up with her parents. I don't think it is a matter of great concern but certainty something that needs to be addressed with her by her parents.

I hope this was helpful. Please do let me know if you have more questions/thoughts based on what I wrote above.

Kind Regards,