Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

I lost my son 7 weeks ago.Im angry at everyone.I want to sell

Customer Question

I lost my son 7 weeks ago.I'm angry at everyone.I want to sell my house everything reminds me of him.shouldn't I be happy that everything reminds me of him.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.

Anna :

Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

Anna :

I'm sorry you lost your son.

Anna :

Anger is the second stage of grief & loss, so it's normal that you're angry.

Anna :

During this time, I would suggest that you don't make any moves that are irrevocable, like selling your house. You can certainly do that, but 7 weeks into this might be a bit too soon.

Anna :

You're not going to be happy about much of anything for some time.

Anna :

The loss of a child is such an unthinkable, painfully devestating event that there isn't a word for it in any language. Nothing will ever be the same for you, but you can take it day by day and come to terms with his passing. It's a long and bumpy road, and you're going to feel it.

Anna :

Getting help and being with others who've experienced the same thing helps. Talking with a grief counselor is a great thing to do. Most hospitals have grief specialists, so perhaps you can find help on your path through that.