Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.
50493013

My boyfiend is very impatient and gets a bad attidude when

My boyfiend is very impatient and gets a bad attidude when i change plans, he can be controlling.

This is a very difficult & distressful situation for you. Life is too short to be miserable and you deserve to be happy. Take whatever steps you can to be happy.

There must have been some positive things that attracted you him in the past. Try to focus on these & on enjoying some time together. I would try to get him to go see a couples counselor with you. He needs to realize that you are not happy in the relationship right now & that you guys need to work on improving the relationship.

If he's not willing to see a counselor I think you should see your own for some individual therapy. It's not ethical to give too specific advice (like whether you should consider leaving him) without getting to know you much better & hear the whole story of your life and your relationship.

If you have any loved ones in your life that you trust, I would also get some feedback from them. Of course, always take everyone's feedback with a grain of salt. At the end of the day you have to follow your heart.

Hopefully you can mend this relationship. If not, you may need to be prepared for the possibility of ending it. I know that would be extremely hard as well...but if things don't change...and he isn't willing to compromise with you, you will always be unhappy...unless you gain enough strength to ignore his negativity and focus on some positive aspects of your relationship.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more feedback. Good luck & take care.

______________________________________________________________________
Please let me know if you need more information. We can continue the dialog until you are satisfied. Once you are happy with the answers don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button & provide expert feedback. Also remember that this is not an official doctor patient relationship and not a substitute for a full live psychiatric evaluation. Thank you for using justanswers.com

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Something happened that truely has disturbed me. We were at a friends party and this girl and her boyfriend ask us to come over to shoot some pool at their house. My boyfriend left out some details that her boyfriend poped a viagra. So when we got in the car he told me i have to go down on him. I told him i was not into this and he didn't seem to have a problem with it.

If you had to perform oral sex without truely consenting, then this is sexual assault. You should not hang out with these people again at all for your own safety (this could be just the tip of the iceburg). Think long & hard about whether you need to report this to the police.