Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

My wife says that I dont satisfy her sexually. She says this

My wife says that I don't satisfy her sexually. She says this has been going on for 5 yrs. She had bought several books on how to make a woman have orgasm. I tried to do some of these things and she got frustrated with me. During this time she was working out with a male trainer which I was okay with , until it seemed that spending more time working out instead of spending time working on our marriage . I had told her that i was jealous of the trainer and said not to worry. Then when we did have time to ourselves she occuipy that time playing games on the computer and stay up till 1am making sure that I would be a sleep. When I try to talk to her now she says she isn't ready and she let me when she is ready. Now that she has lost weight I tell her she looks beautiful she says that I don't mean that. But when a stranger says she looks great she says thank you. When I do nice things for her she says why didn't you do that before. I 've apologized to her and said I will do my best to please you. No matter what I say or what I do she says its fake and I have no sincerity. I've told her I guess I'm just spinning my wheels. By the way she is amarriage counselor.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 3 years ago.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

It sounds like your marriage has been in trouble for a long time, and that your wife has emotionally divorced you. The fact that she is a marriage counselor tells me she knows what to do to fix this and she doesn't want to do it. Sorry to be so direct, but I think you already know this. My suggestion is that you confront her directly and ask her if she wants this marriage to work. If she does, then insist on going to counseling together. Yes, even marriage counselors sometimes need marriage counseling. If she continues to evade you and refuses to work on the marriage, it is time to see a lawyer.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Best to you.

Experience: APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience