Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

her husband for 23 years. She told me she never loved him even

her husband for 23 years. She told me she never loved him even the nite before her wedding she wasnt sure she should go thru with it. She did she has 2 children a 19 year old and a 15 year old. When we first met we had an instant connection. The feelings were so strong. The sex was amazing and was more amazing everytime. She would cry when she had to leave.We always talked how we were each others one true love. Everyone who saw us could see the passion we had for each other. We had a couple of close calls over the 14 months with being discovered. In January her husband got a hold of some emails she sent me telling me she loved me and couldnt wait to see me. He confronted her she denied it and told me not to text or contact her. I did so. 5 days later she texted me for closure. I texted back I dont want closure we met and we fell rite back to where we were. last week her husband now discovered a text message from me telling her good morning and i love you. He flipped out kicked her out of the house and wanted a divorce. She seemed to be ok a little shooken up and then her mom called her a whore and then later apologized. She stayed with her mother while her father was in the hospital. for the next 3 days she started to get worse and worse. Telling me her life was over if her kids find out she had an affair they would hate her. at that time she was still telling me she loved me and we planned to be together. then she cut all contact with me then called me and told me she and her husband were going to work it out and go to marriage counseling. i told her she doesnt love him as she told me that she didnt and never did for the whole time they were married that she couldnt stand to have him touch her. I said you love me all she would say is sometimes you have to sacriface yourself for others. She felt guilty and she was ruining so many lives. My question is Im so inlove with this girl and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Is there any chance her marriage will work out..will she try and contact me. Do you think that she is thinking of me or has she shut me out of her life...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.

Hello tpt & Welcome to Just Answers.

I imagine that she is thinking of you, him, her children, her family, her life, and anything else that this situation has thrown up in the air. She's probably scared to death that she's ruined everything permanently. But.................she won't stay in the panic state forever, and when the time comes for her to really look at her life, she won't be able to just forget the love and joy that you've shared together.

Will her marriage work? No telling, but it didn't sound like it was working very well to start with. People do buckle down and settle for very little, though.You would probably know better than anyone if she's that type.

Relationships aren't like doors: she can't just shut you out. Your history together is real. The feelings and experiences are real and they'll be a part of both of you forever. I wish you the best of luck in this - you're in a very difficult situation.