Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!

I am single mother and I dont seem that I can get ahead in

I am single mother and I don't seem that I can get ahead in life. Everytime I turn around either my job or contract is ending and I am struggling to keep my head above water. Do you know of any Psychologists or Psychotherapists in the DC area. I try and look under my insurance and do not find much help. Thank you ! Well I just transferred over from MD insurance Amerigroup to Medicaid for this month and next month I should be under United Health.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Here is a list of therapists and psychologists whose credentials are verified.

What you do, is a search by your zip code, (There will be many therapists in this directory to choose from in the DC area), and then narrow that search down by insurance type accepted (they have that as a search function as well.)

In addition, look for support groups in your area for single parents or single mothers. In those groups you can find moral support, lots of networking or ideas, and even free babysitting from other moms, etc. Those groups are almost always free by the way. Best wishes to you. Please click on ACCEPT button so I'm credited for my help. And also feel free to respond to me here even after clicking ACCEPT if needed. Thank you...