Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

Im depressed. I dont know wat to do.

Customer Question

I'm depressed. I don't know wat to do.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 5 years ago.

Brad The Therapist :

I just read your post and I thank you for reaching out for help. How can I help?

Customer: Hi. I feel so down. Nothing cheers XXXXX XXXXX for replying
Brad The Therapist :

Not a problem. What are you thinking or experiencing that is causing you feel so down?

Customer: Been feeling depressed for a while now.. Just broke up recently w my fiancee..
Brad The Therapist : have you felt depressed like this before. I'm sorry to hear about your breakup
Customer: But even before that I've been depressed for so long.. It seems not to go away.. And also one question, I was hit on d forehead w a hard object 10 years ago and since that.. I wasn't normal anymore.. My whole being changed. now I feel ashamed cause I've acted and done stupid stuff. I also can't hold on a relationship. My last relationship went to bad cause I lost trust of my gf. I have a lot of traumatic experience involving trust.. For that I got short tempered and I don't know. I'm so complicated... I'm afraid for my future.
Brad The Therapist :

What would you like to discuss first. First and foremost, I recommend you to see a therapist to discuss these issues. In the mean time, I can provide recommendations for what you are currently going through

Brad The Therapist :

Would you like to discuss your relationships? Your head injury? Or previous traumatic experiences?

Customer: Head injury first..
Customer: I had a concussion. I lost consciousness after and was stitched at the hospital after the fight. I didn't get a cat scan. After that I seemed to be always sleepy and tired all the time. Also I noticed a lot change in myself. Memory problems is one of it.
Brad The Therapist : have you received follow-up treatment? Any neurological testing?
Customer: No.. It happened while I was in the Philippines.. U think I should? I don't have insurance
Brad The Therapist : I definitely encourage that. If you google 'federally qualified health clinic' on google, you will find a primary health clinic for those that do not have insurance. You may be able able to receive a referral for testing.
Customer: Sorry I failed to mention that I am currently working right now... But doesn't have insurance benefit yet... I think my depression is affecting my work.. I have been working for more than a year now..
Brad The Therapist :

I'm happy to hear that you are working right now. I apologize for being off-line for a few hours. Now shall we discuss the other two topics? Relationships or traumatic experiences?

Customer: Realtionships - I had been in traumatic relationships until recently.. I seemed to fall into the wrong girl. My 1st gf. I got her pregnant and was so troubled cuz I didn't marry her and she said the baby died after 2 months... The next gf I had cheated on me w my friend.. Until my recent fiancee who I believed cheated on me w her ex... I really can't explain everything .. It just that it all contributed to my present state.. Im so confused right now..
Brad The Therapist :

What are you confused about?

Customer: About everything.. My life seems not to go straight... I'm so afraid of my future..
Customer: I'm a loser
Brad The Therapist :

First thing, first, you are not a loser. You may feel like one because of what you went through, but you are not a loser. I am sure you have influenced people in your life, but just not know it. What do you do for work?

Brad The Therapist :

Hi are you still there?

Brad The Therapist :

I am going to switch to a Q&A format as I have to get off line for a few minutes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Thanks
I was wondering if you can tell me what types of activities you enjoy participating. Also what do you do for work?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I used to like hanging out w friends. Rollerblading. Dancing. But I lost all that.. Last year I bought a motorcycle and enjoyed it the whole summer. But this year I haven't rid in it yet.. Ryt now I work as an office clerk.
Great! Having interest in riding your motorcycle and enjoy rollerblading and dancing is definitely a start. Have you thought about joining a dance class? or joining a motorcycle club? Although being an office clerk may sound boring, I'm sure you have good stories from your co-workers.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Although I used to enjoy it all before.. Now I'm so lazy to get up, no energy most of the time..
If you force yourself to get up to do it, your thoughts and feelings will follow. Another recommendation I have for you is to obtain individual therapy, if possible. Most Federally Qualified Health Centers have mental health professional available and costs are based on income.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok.. I will try to do that...
Best of luck!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank u! Can I get ur advise again if I have more questions?
You definitely can! I have seen people post messages directly by the name of the person. So when you have a question, you can mention my name in your post.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank u
best of luck