Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults

How can I find a psychiatrist who will accept Medicare and

Customer Question

How can I find a psychiatrist who will accept Medicare and Medicaid in chicagi? My 48 year old son suffers from moya moya, bi-polar and sleep aphathia (sp)
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 5 years ago.
I just read your post and I can answer your question since I am based in Chicago. You can contact Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Behavioral Health Services at 7733-296-3220. They take medicare and medicaid where you will be assigned a therapist and a psychiatrist. Good luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just called them. They are taking Medicar patients at this time. I should call back in two to three weeks. I just paid the balance of your fee. If you are in Chicago, is it possible to speak with you by telephone? Or do you have another recommendation?
Great, I'm glad you were able to call and make an appointment. Your first appointment is in two to three week? Thank you for paying the fee. Unfortunately, JA does not allow phone calls but please let me know if I can be of further help. Are you now looking another referral that has an opening that is sooner?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not make an appointment.! They asked me to call back in two or three weeks. I am unfamiliar with this service and I note that you are extremely busy on a daily basis. I need honesty here. Are you too busy for my issue? It's OK. Just let me know and I will request the change. And I do thank you for your prompt response.
I'm surprised they asked you to call back in two or three weeks. They may be up to capacity, but I will urge you to call them because they are the only place that I know that take Medicare/medicaid.If you would like to discuss your issues through this forum, please reply back to this post. Unfortunately, I have to follow the rules of Just Answers which states that we cannot contact clients by telephone or in-person.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Fully understand the telephone issue. I am running a home-based business and fully understand effective time-management. So if that is your only recommendation, we should close this inquiry and I will open a new one. I thank you.
I wish you the best!