Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

my boyfriend 30 years past has contacted me by Facebook, he

Customer Question

my boyfriend 30 years past has contacted me by Facebook, he has never been married, I have. we talked regularly by phone, now not so much,he is a muscian with a day job. he wants me to come see him, 2000 miles away. i want to go, I'm fat now and he's not pretty anymore. That doesn't bother me, should I push for more contact, should I go?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 years ago.
YES YES YES. Go for it. You have nothing holding you back. Also, it doesn't mean you have to marry the guy if you go. Just go to have fun and hang out and see where that leads.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been in a very abusive marriage......was very depressed. I used to be very cocky and confident and very beautiful. That's the girl he remembers. I am insecure now I don't like to let that show.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 years ago.
Then you better get that fixed, not only for him but for your own mental health. It is a shame that you would let something like that stop you from reconnecting with him.