Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

i am new to the area and am looking for a therapist/psychologist.

i am new to the area and am looking for a therapist/psychologist. i have been diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder, anxiety disorder. i took many meds for years and i finally found the two that worked the best--they were prozac and valium. can you help me?
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Perhaps you can elaborate further for me to better be able to help you. You say you are looking for a therapist/psychologist. Does that mean you already have a psychiatrist to prescribe your meds? If not do you want a therapist and a psychiatrist? Tell me your city, state and zip code so that I may help you find someone. Also let me know the answers to my other questions.
I'll pause here and await your response so that we may continue with our chat.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question, if you have not yet received one or have her elaborate on the answer you have already received.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert,or would like to continue with this chat use the box below. Click on Dr. Shirley Schaye to REPLY to me.

So send me your information so that I may help you find what you need.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can u find me doctor so i can get my meds, i've gone without them for 3 months
Yes, I most certainly will help you find a doctor for your meds but I need to know your city, state and zip code so that I find one that's close to you.
So send me the city, state and zip code so I'll know where to find a psychiatrist. I see that you used to live in Florida. Where do you live now --- with zip code.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you send me some doctor's names with their phone #'s and the one you think yould be the best for me
Yes, of course, I'll send you some names but I need to know your city, state and zip code. I don't want to send you the name of a psychiatrist in Nebraska if you are in Ontario, Canada --- get my point. So please --- not your full address only the city, the state and the zip code. Please don't forget to send this information so I can help you find someone where you are living now.
Ok, I am still waiting for your city, state and zip code to be able to find a psychiatrist for you. I'll keep checking back to see if you have sent me that information so that I'll know where to look. I'll check back again soon.
Just checking to see if you have entered any information so that I may find someone for you. Please do leave that information.
I see still no response.
Yes, because I still don't have your city, state and zip code. Without knowing your city, state and zip code, I would not know where to look for a psychiatrist for you --- as I have said before --- should it be in Nebraska, in Ontario, Canada, in New York,New York, in the UK, in Saudi Arabia ... ... ... ?????? So you see why I need your city, state and zip code to help you find someone.

So, this is what you need to do now. Where you see my name--- Dr. Shirley Schaye (in Blue) --- Click on it. It will bring you to my Profile page. There you will see a box to ask your question. It will say this:
Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Mental Health Question.

In that box write your city, state and zip code. Then when I receive that, I will know where to look for a psychiatrist for you.