TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

what is the mental health condition in which someone (me) strongly

what is the mental health condition in which someone (me) strongly dislikes others? just purely annoyed at humanity? dont like listening the the radio when people are talXXXXX, XXXXXt like listening to chatter at work. just really dont want to speak with anyone? have NOT always been like this. thx

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like it could be depression. Have you experienced any other symptoms?

That was not my answer to your question. My intent was to get more information about your situation. Do you want to tell me more about what your symptoms are so I can help?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

so sorry, i didnt realize that it was such a 2-way experience for the question/answer. no problem.

other symptoms that i have been experiencing, are avoidance of social situations, avoidance of developing close friendships. i seem to get along great with co workers, but just dont get into deeper relationships.

i have a slightly dimished level of interest in things that i used to do (ceramics, painting) just dont make time for them. yet i find myself vegging infront of the tv.

i am training for an ironman and workout about 2-2 1/2 hours most days, so i am a little more tired than ususal. i feel like the exercise has boosted my mood tremendously. that and with training i have been eating tons of fruits and vegetables, quit drinking which we did 1-2 drinks per night previously (quit about jan).

not cranky...when i was depressed before, i was angry at the world, and took out all of it on my husband. now, not at all on him.

the anger at humanity is with the news mostly...just get sort of crazy about what goes on no matter what. a little anger with traffic, so i really watch out and do not drive aggressively at all.

i dont get into altercations with others. like hating them in the store and giving them grief....just sort of make judegements about them no matter who they are.

but besides depression symptoms...i sleep fine, have a fine appetite, i do startle easily,

thats about it for the symptoms that i can relate to this...hope it helps and thx again

That is ok.

I responded to your other request. We can end this thread so you can just respond to the other answer. Read my other reponse and let me know if I missed anything or you want more information. Does that sound ok?