psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

I have dating a girl for past 7 months and all of a sudden

I have dating a girl for past 7 months and all of a sudden she says she is not ready to be in a relationship. She went through a very abusive divorce, emotionally, and at first things were great. She would go out of her way to be with me, wanted me to see what her life is like, but boom out of no where it all changed. I know I might have said or done some things that reminded her of her marriage, but all of a sudden I'm going through the roller-coaster ride of emotions. She says it's nothing I did, she has some serious issues to work out. What should I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

It is very possible that the emotional scars of a bad relationship have made it very difficult for her to focus on a healthy one. This may be why she was with you for awhile and now feels that it is not beneficial. The unfortunate thing is that you did nothing to cause this to happen. Sometimes the relationship doesn't work just because of timing. She probably is fully aware of the loss but is confused and is trying to make the best of a bad situation (her emotions). You can keep in contact with her in the hopes that this will pass and she will respond to the positive aspects of the relationship. If she becomes more upset than you have no choice but to let it go. There is hope

If this has been helpful press accept

psychlady, Therapist
Experience: Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.