Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

Differences between BP and BPDCan I get response from Psychologist

Customer Question

Differences between BP and BPD
Can I get response from Psychologist and or Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 5 years ago.

Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your question. Does BP stand for Bipolar Disorder and BPD, Borderline Personality Disorder? Please respond if this is correct

JACUSTOMER-n9kagzun- :

Yes, BP stands for Bipolar Disorder and BPD for Bipolar Personality Disorder

Brad The Therapist :

Brad The Therapist :

I unfortunately have not heard of Bipolar Personaltiy Disorder as this is not in the Diagnositc and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) which is the manual psychiatrists, psychologists, and mental helath providers use for diagnosis. If you are talking about Borderline Personality Disorder, there are vast difference between the two.

Brad The Therapist :

Borderline Personality Disorder consists of one has difficulty with relatioships, self-image, and emotions, marked by impulsivity.

Brad The Therapist :

Bipolar Disorder is a condition where one experiences "high" of mania, where one's behaviors may be impulsive or risky, which may indanger the person's life. Following mania, the person experiences depression, where one may be suicidal, feeling hopeless, or empty. I hope I was able to answer your question.

JACUSTOMER-n9kagzun- :

Hi

JACUSTOMER-n9kagzun- :

Sorry, answer still awaited. True, BPD stands for Borderline Personality Disorder and need to know its difference to Bipolar Disorder.

Brad The Therapist :

Please let me know if you have questions with my description of each disorder from above.