Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
50444359

For Dr. Mark...I looked up Pavillion that you recommended in

For Dr. Mark...I looked up Pavillion that you recommended in Mill Spring, NC. It is only a 41 day program for over $22,000. Do you have any other recommendations in other states? Have you heard of a program in Durham, NC called TROSA? If so, I'd like to know your thoughts on this. Also, Dr. Phil often talks about a facility called Hazelden. How good of a program is it?
Hi. I wrote you in a reply to your first question about TROSA, but maybe you weren't alerted I had replied. The system sometimes doesn't send a clear enough alert and people don't realize there's a new posting for you. Here's what I wrote:

My information on TROSA is that it's a very long term occupational/educational rehabilitation program. It was started in 1994 by Kevin McDonald who had terrible substance abuse problems himself. It is a great opportunity for your son. I don't know, though, if it's an opportunity right away. That's why I suggested a drug rehab center. I'm just not sure if he's going to go through withdrawal that they have the medical staff to deal with heroin withdrawal. But call them and find out. And even if not, maybe you can already have him in line for when he gets to a point that they would accept him! Their phone number is (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Hazelden Foundation is one of the most well known organizations in addiction treatment and mental health advocacy! So, they're at about $28,000 and up. Yes, this is a problem. That's why I'm resisting just throwing more names out there because they are all in that price range. Often, drug rehab is not affordable for many people and has to be handled outpatient. This is hard on everyone. But you might consider if he has no insurance getting him on Medicaid if he is not tied to your income and doing the initial rehab in a public hospital psychiatric ward. At least for 2-3 weeks, then seeing if they will move him to an intensive outpatient basis if you commit to bringing him in for treatment. Then once he's done with the initial withdrawal, maybe TROSA would be willing to work with him and you for long term rehabilitation. What do you think of talking to TROSA and seeing what they think of this plan or if they have a better idea?

I wish you the very best!

Please remember to click the green accept button. Feel free to continue the discussion; my goal is to get you the best answers possible. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX