Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice

I have a current diagnosis of bipolar disorder. I have only

Customer Question

I have a current diagnosis of bipolar disorder. I have only had manic episodes with delusions and a few hallucanations. I have been going through this for 9 years. It all revolves around (my mania) a guy in a band until I brought other very famous people into it, even though it still revoled around the band guy. (sort of like I imagined these people were my friends just to get back at him because I felt rejection) Anyway, the band is not that big time compared to American standards and I found out in December that this would be their last year to play. Something changed in me. I feel like I know all of the levels of mania and my cycles that I would experience. Still I feel back to my old self...knowing that this is the last year that I will be able to get on with my life. I haven't been to a concert since 2006. Why do you think I feel this way?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

I am having difficulty following your request. You have been suffering from a bipolar disorder for 9 years. You say your manic phases are not too intense, just some hallucinations and delusions. I don't understand the connection of your manic phases and the guy in the band or the rejection you feel from his famous friends. I understand that this is the last tour for the band and that has changed something in you in a profound way. You become aware of different levels to your mania and that this is the last year of your life. This does not make sense when you say the last time you wee in a concert was five years ago. My only guess is that since you are bipolar you are starting to realize that you are in a manic phase where time and space seem more plastic and malleable then when you are depressed. If so you are realizing that you need some help and I would suggest you try to get it soon. You are in need of a change in medication or at least a psychiatric evaluation .

I still have not heard from you and am concerned.