psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

I am depressed, I am going through a foreclosure, in credit

I am depressed, I am going through a foreclosure, in credit card debt settlement, out of a job for 1 year next month and am at my wits end, what can I do to make things better?
This is a difficult time with those stressors. When someone is unemployed the can lose sight of positive things because they have lost that role as breadwinnner. Money problems are the number one stressor for a lot of people. First get assistance in whatever way you can to relieve the pressure. Set reasonable goals that you can attain and feel that you have made progress away from these crises. By making small advances you can begin to look towards the future. You will not always be in this period so the key is to focus on ways to resolve it and things you look forward to. If you could use brief, temporary counseling for stress to maintain your own well being that is certainly understandable. People go to counseling all the time for situational depression. Talk therapy is useul for even stress related issues
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could you suggest some small advances, and what type of assistance in any way I can?

Set reasonable goals that make you feel successful. For instance, is there a business opportunity that would make you feel better about being unemployed. Maybe take a workshop or pursue starting a business. That may not be a good example but you get the idea. If you can make incremental steps the end result doesn't seem as overwhelming. Any assistance that you can get along the way use to gain some confidence. If there is anyone that can help you regarding unemployment or your foreclosure use that expertise wisely. I guess I want you to think outside the box so that you can see beyond this period. People start businesses, they change careers, they find a talent. Have confidence in yourself and make your own opportunities.

If this is helpful press accept