How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arundhati Your Own Question
Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 259
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Arundhati is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what do ido about sex aversion it has blighted my life iam

This answer was rated:

what do ido about sex aversion it has blighted my life iam so depressed because of it i am being rejected by my community i am at wits end

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds to me like this issue, this aversion to sex, has built up over time. Therefore, I must be honest and share that there will be no magic overnight remedy. The issues that have led to the present situation need to be carefully uncovered and addressed. For example, you talk about depression and anxiety - where this depression and anxiety started, and how they led to an aversion to sex needs to be explored and addressed. This can be best done with a professional therapist. If you're not currently in therapy, I'd encourage you to consider consulting with a therapist. With professional support, I have no doubt that you will be able to get to heart of this issue and suitably resolve it.

I hope this was helpful.

Please do let me know if you have additional questions/thoughts.

Warm regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what kind of therapy would be best i have had group therapy for combating anxiety and cognitive therapy for depression which kind of therapy would be best

Thank you for your question.

I would recommend that you consider cognitive behavioral therapy in an individual setting (not a group) to address your anxiety. I would especially recommend the Acceptance & Commitment Therapy model as well as the Exposure Therapy techniques.

A therapist specialized in CBT will be able to take you through the above mentioned models and you should be able to see improvement in your condition.

I hope that was helpful.

Please do let me know if you have additional questions.

Warm regards,

Arundhati and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions