Luann
Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.
50737979

My mom lost her job a year ago. She has been severely depressed

My mom lost her job a year ago. She has been severely depressed since, doesn't know what she wants to do. Doesn't think she is capable of getting a job and is scared to death of having the wrong answers to the interview questions. She has been studying interview questions for over a year. I called her this morning and asked her what she was doing. She said just laying here going over interview questions and answers in my head. This is almost daily and she wants everyone to help her. She cries alot and won't listen to any of her family. She is dyslexic and that has been a huge brick wall. However, I feel that her biggest problem is OCD and she uses having dyslexia and depression to hide from her fears. She won't listen justs debates or has an excuse for everything anyone tries to do or say to help. She only wants to study these "interview questions". What do I do?

Luann :

Hello

Customer:

Hi

Luann :

It is very difficult when someone you love is depressed and not doing well. She needs professional help to deal with her depression and anxiety. You have probably recommended this, keep recommending it. Your role is to be her daughter - to love and support her.