Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author

I live in SE Florida (think West Palm Beach to Vero Beach)

Customer Question

I live in SE Florida (think West Palm Beach to Vero Beach) and my psychiatrist is ending his private practice, thus I am in search of a new psychiatrist. His referrals have only been very marginally helpful. I've done this before but not for a psychiatrist. I know that the best source of information is the Florida Board of Medicine where you can check profiles, licenses and disciplinary actions. However, you need to know a specific town, name, or license number. I've heard of Vitals and Health Grades (which is better?), and would like to know if there are others that are as good or better (and why). Since I need to search a wide area (Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando and points in between, I need a tool that will let me do advanced searches and filtering. I want to quickly scan/view gender, age, years of practice, board(s) certified, education details (medical school, residency), publications or awards, and areas of practices (included or excluded). Is there anyone out there with good idea's of paid or non-paid web sites? I'm fully expecting to work on this nearly full-time for at least a week. A prompt response would be appreciated; however, please don't rehash what I already know and have presented above. Alan
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

I did some research and came up with these psychiatrists in the Fort Lauderdale area. You can use the same search to do further searches on the site to expand your options. The listings contain information that you are looking for such as years in practice, board certifications, education etc.

I hope this helps.

Please do let me know if you have any clarifying questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Answer was too basic. Did not fully answer question. For example, comparison on Vitals versus Health Grades, what other search engines are superior and allow for advanced filtering. The expert gave me but it did not offer any advance filtering (and I actually found this site already). I'm looking for a more complete answer - from someone who knows multiple websites and can rank or compare them with specific information...not just give me a link that I probably already have and does not answer or provide the level of filtering I desire. There are about 1,000 psychiatrists in Mid and South East Florida.