Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.

Hello - I have been divorced from my daughters dad for 11 years. My daughters are 16

Customer Question

Hello - I have been divorced from my daughters' dad for 11 years. My daughters are 16 and 12. My older daughter really loves the wealthy lifestyle of her dad, which is completely opposite of how I live. I really think she would be better off if she lived with him, and then there wouldn't be so many arguments and hurt feelings in our home. Will sending her to live with him cause long-term damage for our family?
Thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Luann replied 5 years ago.

Luann :

Hi Luann ~

Expert:  Luann replied 5 years ago.
You just tell her that you have been it some thought and have decided, with her father, that it would be a good time for her to live with her dad. This keeps you in charge of the decision. Good luck to you!