Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I cut sometimes, and it feels good. Ive been seeing a doctor

Customer Question

I cut sometimes, and it feels good. I've been seeing a doctor and a therapist, but I still want to cut. I don't know what to do.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 5 years ago.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied. I am happy to assist you with your question.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

People who cut can actually become addicted to the rush of endorphins that happens when they cut. Are you taking any medication? You need medication as well as cognitive-behavioral therapy to help you substitute other behaviors for the cutting.

Customer:

I am on medication.

Carol Kryder LMFT :

Then you need to get the medication evaluated and see if you need something else. Also, the desire to cut may not go away for a long time, which is why you need cognitive-behavioral therapy to help you substitute other behaviors when you feel like cutting.

Customer:

I have been in therapy for almost four years and I've been on medication that has been adjusted just as long. Therapy is not working.

May I ask why you accepted the answer if you didn't like it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was hoping that maybe you could offer more help if I accepted the answer.
I would be delighted to offer more help, but getting a negative feedback rating really hurts my stats. Next time, don't accept, but ask to re-list the question. I will opt out and ask someone else to help you.