psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

What does the term guarded mean in a evaluation as it pertains

Customer Question

What does the term "guarded" mean in a evaluation as it pertains to Bipolar possible borderline personality disorder from a Psychologist as a prognosis
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
In this regard, guarded means uncertain. When someone is guarded in speaking to them it means that a holding back or not fully disclosing. if they have a prognosis wherein I am unsure of a positive outcome I say guarded
psychlady, Therapist
Experience: Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This would not be a positive prognosis then? How often is it reasonable to have someone be checked for med complance and how is that done?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
It is a cautious diagnosis. It means the therapist is uncertain of his future. You can't have any adult checked for medication compliance. It is not done. They are adults
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He claims to have tests showing med compliance...is there such a thing and how often would a DR check.?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
A doctor would probably check every few months or even 6 months. It depends on what the doctor's concerns are. He can be more aggressive because he is the one prescribing. He may be concerned that he is skipping meds or not following the schedule he was given. he may have this proof
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What type of test is this? Bood? All reports given to the courts are he has not been med compliant and does not keep his visits. He even stated in court this morning he had been med compliant since 2007 when reports show that not to be the case. How often is it reasaonable to ask for the tests to ensure my grandaughts safety?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I am a therapist but I know that drugs can be checked through blood. Beyond that I don't know the process. If he does not keep his visits that could be why the report was guarded. He may be partly compliant but good with his meds. The court I believe as well as the psychiatrist sets the schedule. If you have concerns you would need to talk to someone involved
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Hope you find peace