Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
25965815

involved with psychopath

involved with psychopath
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 5 years ago.

Tamara :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today. What is your question? Tamara

JACUSTOMER-kqudai5c- :

the woman i am involved i beleive is a psychopath

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do you deal with apsychopath personality
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you have any experience with a psychopath personality
Expert:  Tamara replied 5 years ago.
I just provided you a long answer that didn't go through. Let me try again. Can you tell me what exactly you are wanting to know. It would help me answer you better.
Expert:  Tamara replied 5 years ago.
In general, I would have to say that trying to figure out how to deal with a psychopath is heading in the wrong direction. Psychopaths are not capable of having relationships, and are very good at using people to their own advantage. It is more likely that your girlfriend is a sociopath (as opposed to a psychopath). The differences are not relevant (basically two different terms for the same problems). but you will be able to find much more literature about sociopaths. I would suggest you read The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout. It is a very good book for describing the sociopathic personality, and explaining why you can never have a relationship with someone like this. So I would suggest you put your energy into getting out of this relationship instead of trying to figure out how to deal with her.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara