Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

why does one nervous breakdown come back through the years

Customer Question

why does one nervous breakdown come back through the years and knock your mind out where you cannot think?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 5 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with nervous breakdowns. It is unfortunate that sometimes one can become easily susceptible to having these types of problems. Sometimes this can be caused by genetics, and sometimes it can be caused by your environment and the things you deal with in your life. Most likely, it is a combination of both of those factors. The most important thing is that you find a good therapist that you can work with and talk to on a regular basis. That will help you learn to deal more effectively with the things that tend to trigger your breakdowns. Over time, hopefully you will be able to reduce how often they happen and how long they last. Medication can also be very helpful, as it can help you control your thoughts and emotions better and will help you stay emotionally stronger when things feel difficult. The combination of a therapist and medication is your best option.

I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, medication is a band aid, it does nothing.