mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

My husband and I dont agree about having another baby. We

Customer Question

My husband and I don't agree about having another baby. We have three wonderful kids. My husband is a wonderful father. Anyway, I have been so depressed and I can't get over this heartache. I am on zoloft and have talked to my doctor, and she told me I just need to accept it. I am heartbroken. Need help, thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. First please allow me to say how sorry I am that you are going through such a difficult period in your life as a result of this man. Based on what you have identified in your question it sounds though this started off as feelings of resentment and even potential loss based on the difference of opinion with your husband. A lot of people attribute loss to someone passing away but the pain of losing someone such as in your case can be just as painful, if not more so.

I notice that you are already on an antidepressant which is very good. Following up on what I mentioned above that this likely started off as a loss's probably turned into a depressive episode which likely prompted your physician to start you on the zoloft...which is a very good medication and in case they didn't explain it to takes approximately 6 weeks for it to build up an effective level in your blood to start working.

Having said that, what will truly benefit you in helping you work through this difficult period in your life would be for you to see a therapist who can offer you guidance and therapeutic suggestions on how to manage the situation with your husband and the feelings you are experiencing at present. Preferably a therapist who is experienced in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as this helps you to identify the impact that your thoughts have on your emotional state and where they can lead you to...which is often a negative state. I would also like to suggest a workbook based on the same theoretical approach which includes exercises that you can do in the interim period until you see a therapist. Please find below the link to the workbook.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX has helped and please feel free to ask any additional questions or if you need clarification on any of the suggestions I've offered.

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help in answering for you.

If you feel that I've answered your question to your satisfaction then I would greatly appreciate your clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer and suggestions I've provided to you. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.