Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

My husband owns a company that employees 300 people. We have been married for 22 years an

My husband owns a company that employees 300 people. We have been married for 22 years and have come from rags to riches. He now claims that he did it all by himself, because I stayed home and raised his biological daughter (I adopted her at 18, he wouldnt let me before then) and raised her since she was two. He asked me to quit work and stay home so we could gain custody. I was happy to do so, I love being a Mom, and we have added two sets of twins, so five kids, to our family. He has had an affair in 2000 with what started out as a work spouse. He is the owner and boss, she was 27, 14 years his junior. When I called him out on the behavior I saw between the two of them, her rubbing his sholders while I was standing there, him having me babysit her daughter? he left for 3 weeks, came back said he just needed some space, called me crazy, jealous for thinking he would sleep with her. Even though I never accepted this, I let him come back, but it ate away at me, and finally 2 yea
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am very sorry to hear about your difficulties. Unfortunately, I think your therapists are correct in telling you to leave if he is not able to own up to how he is mistreating you. I understand how difficult this would be for you but if his behaviour is not changing then it will continue tpo be even more painful for you. You may not have been in the right kind of therapy to work through these issues. I'd be glad to help you find someone if you give me your city, state and zip code.
I need to see a patient now so I'll pause here and wait for your response so that we may continue with our chat.