mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

i am on 20mg fluexotine per day and i have been 4 two months

Customer Question

i am on 20mg fluexotine per day and i have been 4 two months i find i am still feeling down cying a lot feeling nauseous im wanting to stop taking it coz i dont feel any better and it makes me feel lethargic and no motivation sometimes i find i am staying in my room all the time and dont like going out on my own dont know what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.
Good morning. First please allow me to say I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulty you're experiencing with your depression. Basically the medicine should have started to help by now as the time frame is typically between 6-8 weeks. In all honesty it certainly sounds as though you would benefit from seeing your psychiatrist for a follow up medication evaluation as you may benefit from a change in dosage or trying a different medication. I would also suggest that you consider seeing a therapist to help you manage better the symptoms you're experiencing. I hope I'm not being redundant as I did not notice that you're seeing therapist. I would strongly suggest seeing a therapist who is experienced with cognitive behavioral therapy as this the most effective approach to treating depression. I would also like to suggest a workbook that you can start doing on your own as well. Please find the link below.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure that your question is answered completely and thoroughly.

If you feel that I have answered your question to your satisfaction I would greatly appreciate your clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the and suggestions I've provided you. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.