Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I have a 5month old and a two year old. Im not getting much

Customer Question

I have a 5month old and a two year old. Im not getting much sleep and we have a lot of stress with money and our business right now. Im feeling overwhelmed and im not sure if im depressed but im finding it hard to see the brighter side of life - which i used to be able to do. I feel sad, angry and anxious all the time, i dont seem to be able to lift myself out of it. I love being a mother and i love my kids to bits, im worried if i go and see a doctor they will think i have post natal or something. Im not even sure if its just tiredness and stress? I just know that i feel dreadful most of the time at the moment. Can you please tell me if you think i should go and see a doctor and if there is anything they can do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. To me is sounds like you are suffering from Post Partum Depression. You should contact your GP or OB/GYN to discuss as they can give you some medication that will help. What you describe is a normal reaction to what you have been through.
Here is some detailed information that will help you understand what is happening and what to do:

LINK: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/postpartum-depression/DS00546

I trust that this will help and answers your question.

Best, Bill

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT