Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I am a psychiatric social worker and started to see a pt with borderline PD, bipolar, OCD

I am a psychiatric social worker and started to see a pt with borderline PD, bipolar, OCD and PTSD in Deptember last year. Pt became completely obsessed with me and I had to terminate treatment and refer elsewhere. However, pt continued to stalk me, for past 5 months. Swxual harrasment, coming to my house, following me home and calling day and night from unidentified lines. After forcing herself onto me once in December 2010, I feel trapped, confused, afraid and as if I am developing feelings for this person. It is almost as if I switched into a victim egostate and cannot protect myself any longer.I perceive that I cannot escape and have an ominous feeling when i try to not make contact because she has made various serious suicide attempts whenever I break contact completely. No one can understand why I cannot break contact permanently even after she nearly blew herself and me and my family up in front of my house two weeks ago by opening a huge gas bottle in her car and planning t

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this issue. I trust that you have been getting some professional supervision on how to manage this. Also, help from law enforcement officials. These types of stalkers are very dangerous to your safety and you the fact that you are having fantasies of attraction suggests you are suffering from a form of

Bill :

Stockholm Syndrome.

Bill :

I am also attaching a helpful article on patients who stalk therapists.

Bill :

I trust that this helps and answers your question.

Bill :

Best, Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

As you were off line- I have answered above. Please Click Accept.
Best, Bill