Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I have a gay partner who is diagnosed biolar, and agorophopic.

Customer Question

I have a gay partner who is diagnosed biolar, and agorophopic. Most times I am able to deal with his issues. My biggest issue is his decreased Libido and being shoved away. I understand most of his issues and when he is depressed I know he has to work thru them. He is getting psych help, medications, but many times I feel completly left out in the cold. We still do love each other, but the rejection exhibited to me is difficult. Any suggestions
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this. What you are experiencing is a form of compassion fatigue. This occurs when you become over stressed as a result of caring for someone elses needs to the point (as you describe) you feel rejected and "cold"

Bill :

The following is an article on compassion fatigue and some tips to deal with it. It mainly involves trying take better care of yourself and get some break and enjoy some individual interests aside from focusing on your partners ailments.

Bill :

I've also included some ways to deal with stress.

Bill :

It is also important that you share your feelings with your partner so that he understands that you have to take care of yourself or you will not be able to care for him.

Bill :

I trust that this answers your question and wish you the best.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT

Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Hi- As you were off line, I have answered above. I wish you the best, Bill
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT