Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

would you prescribe seroquel for a 15yr old boy with behavioural

would you prescribe seroquel for a 15yr old boy with behavioural problems
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

Although the Experts here cannot provide specific recommendations as we do not have the benefit of examining people face to face, the use of Seroquel is approved for treatment of Adolescents (approval by FDA in USA).

Bill :

I am attaching information that describes this in greater detail so that you are fully informed.

Bill :

I trusts that this answers your question and wish you the best,

Bill :

Bill :

Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
As you were off-line, I have answered above. I wish you the best, Bill

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks but more confused than ever. The dosage I think he is giving my son is 25mg if that is the case does it need monitoring in the same way as higher dosage. Would the side effects be the same? Would there be any withdrawals? The doctor has not done any face to face and my son does not have mental illness that is prescribed, purely behavioural and lack of control of his temper. I feel that giving this drug is a cop out and when he is off the drug he will still not have learnt to control his temper. What do u think?Many thanks
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I appreciate that you are very confused about this matter, however, because I don't have the ability to examine your son or know all the information related to the Doctors decision, my suggestion is that you ease your anxiety by calling the Doctor directly and asking him what you are asking me? That way you will hear the rationale for treatment decisions from the provider. You will feel much better with this approach.

My best, Bill