Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

i have had 11 knee surgeries and have done good the last year

Customer Question

i have had 11 knee surgeries and have done good the last year and the last 2-3 weeks i've been having more pain...any suggestions
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Welcome to JA. I am sorry to hear about your situation. I assume that you are working with your doctor for pain management. Also,
Biofeedback may work for physical pain. Biofeedback is a self-control technique since it involves having a client to learn to modify his or her own behaviors and is based, like many other self-control procedures, on the principle of operant conditioning. Please contact - The association for Psychophysiology and Biofeedback ( for resources and to find a provider in your area. I hope you get well.
Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,