Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

I discovered my husband of 33 yrs.has been on internet dating sights for at least 2 y

Customer Question

I discovered my husband of 33 yrs.has been on internet dating sights for at least 2 years maybe more. He said it was a just a joke and he has never contacted or been with any of them. What do you think? Should I believe him?
He also said it is not cheating if you don't ever see them. I think it ischeating and am ready to leave after 33 years. What do you think?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

It could be emotional cheating (if he is transferring his affection onto others even if he meets them on line) The red flag is that his behavior had been going on for 2 years and one ought to wonder- what is his motivation?

Individuals that want to cheat and are dishonest, are usually good at fooling those around them. That is why you may have not found out things earlier.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So how do I figure out if he did cheat and is still lying to me about everything.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.
You can hire a PI. But, the issue is that you do not trust him and that his behavior had upset you and he's not taking responsibility for that.