Kristin
Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!
45544450

My name Ashwin. My wife Uma is addicted several priscripion

Customer Question

My name Ashwin. My wife Uma is addicted several priscripion pills.This has been going on for over 30 years. It is out of controll.She is aware of it but refuse to do any about it. She says she needs them and can't survive without them. our lives have become very chaotic.I am at my witts end.She says if pressure hre she, will leave me, in ohter words she would choose her pill addiction over me(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kristin replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

I can understand your great concern and frustration over your wife's behavior. She is clearly showing all signs of addiction. You really need to take this up with her doctor's and call them about this, so that they are aware of her addiction.

Also, you need to get counseling in your area, so you can learn what to do to best support her, while also not enabling her. Counseling is really required here. Which city or town do you live in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Contacting her doctors is out of question. They are the ones who are writing all these priscripions, they are aware of her addiction, they don't want her to stop taking these pills, they making lots of money on her.When I had talked to them about this they dicouraged her stating that it will harm her thus feedidig her fear that she can't survive without her so called life saving medication.
Expert:  Kristin replied 3 years ago.
Okay thank you for the additional information. Which medications is she addicted to? You really need some counseling/support in your local area to help you with this situation. Which part of the country do you live?
Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!
Expert:  Kristin replied 3 years ago.

Please if you would like, tell me where you live and I can help you find a really good counselor for you and/or for your wife. Thank you,