Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
25692555

I found out a couple of months ago that my live-in boyfriend

I found out a couple of months ago that my live-in boyfriend has been sexting with another woman, and I just found out that he also has an account on several adult websites. Should I stay with him or leave him?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ask Eleanor replied 6 years ago.

Ask Eleanor :

Hello, I am here for you. I'm sorry to hear that information. May I ask you a few questions that will help me?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. In situations like this, it depends on if he is remorseful and trying to get back together. If he seems to want to work it out, I would suggest you ask him to have an evaluation with a therapist that specializes in sex addiction to rule out whether or not he is engaging in these behaviors because this is a compulsive issue that was making him lie and sneak behind your back. Ask that he sign a release of information so you can hear about the results of the evaluation. If he is diagnosed with a sex addiction, I would ask that he seek help for this problem and involve you in the treatment as much as the therapist deems appropriate.
If he does not have a sex addiction and this is just a series of really bad decisions and you want to try to make it work, I would suggest therapy for the two of you.

If he is not trying to apologize and gain your trust back, i would suggest re-evaluating if you want to be in a relationship like this because the behavior, more than likely, will continue.

I hope this answer helps, please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further clarification about this answer.

All the best,
Kym

*please click accept if you found this answer helpful.
Experience: Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker