Luann
Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.
50737979

My 27 year old daughter has hated me for some time now, and

My 27 year old daughter has hated me for some time now, and I keep asking her what the problem is but she won't tell me. We can't even have a fight because she won't talk about it at all. She does let us see our grandchildren, but she only talks to us when she really has too. We heard rumers that we made her go to college, that is reduiculose, you can not make a person go to college. Also in High School she was taking pre college courses. Then there was talk about us not paying off her loans, but she never put forth any effort to get any scholorships or any help on her own. Then she dropped out because she had a baby. I don't know what is going on but she won't talk at all!!

Luann :

Hello

Luann :

It is always difficult when someone we care about distances themselves from us for no apparent reason and it is even more difficult when it is a child. Trust that she will share with you what she needs to when she is ready. Realize too that her distancing herself may have more to do with her than you. It may be her way of growing up and becoming an adult. Give her space but keep letting her know that you care about her by doing normal things. If it is an ocassion where you would normally send a card or an e-mail to her, do that, but don't expect her to recipricate. When you start to worry or stress about what is going on with her, think loving thoughts about her, imagine her surrounded with your love. Things will get better, give it time.

Customer:

Thank you