TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

hi my name is cindy lippincott, and i have been through a

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i have been through a abusive marriage and need to find a way to get my husband some help or i hate to say it will end in a devorce. can you please help because he will deny what he does . and he is a manupulator and is a two faced to make people believe he cares for me when he has told me many times he dont . please help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

If your husband is denying that he is abusing your or tells you that you should be treated abusively, then it is past time to leave your marriage. That is a very dangerous sign that he will continue abusing you and has no problem doing so. You could get severely injured or even killed.

If you can, leave your home immediately. If you feel he would come after you, go to the police or file a restraining order.

You can also contact the National Domestic Abuse hotline through this link http://www.thehotline.org/. They will help you find a way to leave and get to safety.

There is also another link that may help you. It is at http://www.helpguide.org/mental/domestic_violence_abuse_types_signs_causes_effects.htm

There is not going to be a way to get your husband help because he does not see that he has a problem. The key to changing behavior is understanding there is a problem in the first place. So changing your husband's behavior is not an option. The only thing you can control is you. Seeing that you are in a dangerous and unhealthy relationship is important and getting yourself help right now is the most important thing you can do for yourself.

I hope this helps you,

Kate