Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.

this is an insane question, and believe me I am not a irrational

this is an insane question, and believe me I am not a irrational person. I am a 54 year old female and have been married to my 2nd husband for 12 years. we have always had trouble communicating, but lately it is much worse. I have never felt so lonely in a marriage before. I am ready to walk out. The unreal thing is, my ex husband got in contact with me recently and said he was feeling the same way in his marriage. when we were married communication was never the problem, he had an affair and I could not get over it and we could not move forward. I am so lonely i am considering leaving this marriage for my last husband!!! is that insane!!! what is wrong with me and how can I make this work with my second husband. I don't want to leave him, but I am so lonely, helpl!!!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Luann replied 5 years ago.

Luann :

Luann :

Your lonely feelings are understandable, but your solution is not. Your ex-husband seems attractive right now because you are lonely and vulnerable. You need to deal with your current relationship. A different relationship will not fix the situation. Get into marriage counseling and work to make things better. If your husband will not enter counseling with you, seek therapy for yourself. Process your emotions so you are able to make good decisions.