Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I cant sleep at night even when I take my sleeping pills.

Customer Question

I can't sleep at night even when I take my sleeping pills. I have very bad anxiety. I worry all of the time about everything. I am also very anxious about social situations. I often have diarrhea and I get sick to my stomach and I get a lump in my throat. I can't keep going on like this. I have always had symptoms of anxiety since I was a child but recently it has gotten a lot worse. I sometimes even get really anxious and sick feeling when I have to make a phone call. I can't keep going on like this.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question here at JustAnswer. I have read what you have written and am happy to respond.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about the way you have been feeling. What you describe are feelings of panic disorder which is 100% treatable, however, you have to get to a mental health center of physician (ideally a Psychiatrist) because you will need to get this under control with medication.

Bill :

Here is the description of Panic Disorder:

Bill :

Read the above and make an appointment with your doctor.

Bill :

I wish you the best, Bill

Bill :

Please click accept

Bill :

Feel free to respond as needed.

Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
As you were off line, I have responded above.
Reply as needed.
Bill
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what about generalized anxiety disorder? Could that be a possibility?
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Hi Yes. GAD could be a possibility. Regardless, it can be successfully treated with medication so you owe it to yourself to see a doctor. Okay?
I wish you the very best, Bill
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT
Thanks,