Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I have a daughter 29 has 3 children ages 12, 7, 4 and in a

Customer Question

I have a daughter 29 has 3 children ages 12, 7, 4 and in a very deep depressed mode I have tried over several years watched her ride this rollercoaster of ups and downs. she went through a divorce right into a 5 yr relationship with a man who walked out more times then I can remember. He is gone and I watched her on this downward spiral for the last 5 yrs. anyways i will try to wrap this up she got involved with pills to ease the pain while with this man and is now addicted to pain pills recently with a new man pregnant again he left and she is back in her depression and says her body just hurts to much to move. I have been trying to help take away vicoden and some days I feel very angry at her behavior I don't know how to help her. What do I tell her?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Welcome to JA. Thanks for writing in here. Let me ask you a few questions before I offer an answer. How is her relationship with the new man going? Has she seen her primary care doctor or another medical doctor lately? Is she open to weekly counseling?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The relationship with new man kind of blew up before christmas he has some issues also. They recently have begun to speak and figue out what went wrong and where to go from here agreed to share in the welcoming of this new baby. She has seen a medical doctor baby is fine so far she had ultra sound sound she is 13 weeks along. She is open to counseling she says but, one it is hard to find a good counselor and she is on medicade she lives on her child support. On top of all her other problems financially in a bad place. I have help sometimes to the point of hurting myself.
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your response. I will work on my answer in detail. Please wait.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello do you have any suggestions
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am willing to wait for your answer I don't want to start over with someone else. do you have any ideas of what to do.