Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

I have never had a proper relationship, from the outside looking

Customer Question

I have never had a proper relationship, from the outside looking in people think and tell me I have a great sense of humour and I`m a really good guy,but I have such a fear of rejection that I scupper any relationship before they begin, I have only ever had one night stands, even the thoughts of sex now scare me yet I am so lonely and crave intimacy, and I dont know what to do or who to turn to
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. Unfortunately, you have tried the wrong kind of treatment. If you want to work through the problems you have in forming a relationship you need to seek out the right kind of treatment.
As I said, If you got yourself into therapy to deal with these issues, you will be able to resolve this issue. It would seem to me that you should not have to be dealing with these problems on your own.Someone would be helping you to sort things out and that will enable you to move on from where you are. I don't know from what you have indicated whether you can afford therapy. I will give you the name of an organization that has referral services. They also have low cost referrals so when you contact them check out what would be suitable for you.

www.ipa.org.uk/ Click on Training Institutes --- Find the Institute near your home, call them and ask them for a referral

Any therapist from this organization ( IPA ) will have very extensive training and will be able to help you.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question, if you have not yet received one or have her elaborate on the answer you have already received.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert,or would like to continue with this chat use the box below. REPLY: Dr. Shirley Schaye